Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's A Cruel Winter

I saw a deer sleeping by himself in our backyard this morning. I thought it was weird but thought maybe he just needed some space from his other deer friends. I went out to start digging a tunnel from our front door into civilization when Laura came out and told me that he was up and about. Kinda. I trudged around the back of the house and saw him standing just a few feet from the tree he slept at, and he saw me. I walked towards him and he didn't move. I got pretty close when he decided to try and run. It was impressive how quickly he was able to move only using three legs, because his back right leg was just dangling like a... well see for yourself.



He let me get pretty close huh!

I called the animal rescue guys. They said they can come out and kill him or we can just leave him, the leg will fall off and the deer will go on. I chose that option. Not feeling very murder-y today.

Sad story this morning. Here are some happy deer to balance it all out.

P1250328
P1250329
P1250339

No comments: