Wednesday, January 19, 2011

54 Minutes To Houston

I was cleaning out my emails today and came across one from back in 2009 from old friend Tom Raith. It had a promise of coming east to visit in 2010 and a phone number, so even tho I haven't actually spoken with him since early 2008 I called, to tell him off. After the initial shock wore off we talked for almost an hour, catching up and talking about babies and chemistry classes and leaving professions and buying farms in West Texas. It was quite pleasant. We decided enough was enough and we are going to keep in touch with a potential get-together on the horizon. For now, we're gonna settle on sending random photos via text message on a semi-regular basis. Let's say once or twice a week. We started today.

I sent proof our tree is still up...
1295472846967

He countered with a pile of cats...
IMG953867

I hit back with a chicken noodle supper...
1295482728746

and he doubled down with a TV Guide from 1978 & some Italian butter...
IMG954174IMG954645

You win tonight old friend, but don't get cocky. Tomorrow is a new day and I got an hour on you.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

looks like you two are still crazy...Hey Tom...