Friday, March 11, 2011

Give That Man A Beer

1299888583851

Never in 32 years have I ever gotten to the end of a day and felt like I needed an alcoholic beverage. Until today. It's been hitting the fan since I sat down at 6am. It's been one obstacle after another. Molehills became mountains and mountains became asteroids. By day's end I had tamed them all, but it was not without drama. Yuula decided she'd set a new record for dropping loads in her diaper. Proud of her and all but, today of all days? With the rest of the world I watched a tsunami carry passenger filled cars end on end over an embankment. I reached out to my Japanese friends thru private message, instead of informing the world that "my heart and prayers go out to the people of Japan". All of the sudden everyone's a diplomat. But it seems all is well, considering. Put things in perspective. My day wasn't as bad as some others. I informed Laura on her daily call home from the car leaving the parking lot that I needed a drink. Luckily she had the same kind of day and a deal was struck. Learn from us NFL owners. Pizza and beer it is. It's been awhile so we won't feel guilty. You can't make us.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Travis, are your friends in Japan safe? It just makes you feel helpless when you watch what is happening in Japan.....I just want to go and help them so how..I sure hope your friends are ok.

Travis said...

I wrote my friends over the weekend and heard back from them all. They lived far enough inland that were barely affected. But it does make them nervous. I hope they stay safe.