Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring's Over Before It Began

madoff_mets.gi.top

I'm not talking about how it's snowing out right now, and will be for the next two days. I'm talking about baseball. Opening Day. And everyone's already counted my team out. I get the Madoff thing, but last time I checked he didn't make the line-up. A billion dollar lawsuit hangs over their head, but it's not like Ike Davis is gonna have to hitchhike down I-95 to Atlanta. Yes, if the season isn't going well by the break we will probably see Reyes pack his bags, but I don't think that's any kinda nail in the coffin. Maybe they could get a decent starting pitcher for him. Or maybe... wanna switch Hank?

jetercardmets

Mets need a good makeover. Half the pitching staff is brand new. Interested to see how Capuano & Young work out. A couple new outfielders, like Scoot Hairston who killed everything this spring, ex-Met killer Willie Harris and new guy Lucas Duda, and sparkling new infielders Brad Emaus and Chin-lung Hu. Abbot & Costello loyalists are gonna have a field day with that one.

New+Yorkhu4Nvl

And then of course there's their opponents. Nothing like going up against a pitching staff that's 80% aces in Philadelphia or the batting lineup on steroids that Atlanta bought out this off season. It's easy to be pessimistic I suppose.

Mets-Pitchers

Opening day is today but the Mets don't play until tomorrow night down in Miami. Here we go. I gotta pick up some beer. Good luck everybody.

5 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Hey were a family of Mets fans...for better or worse...good days and bad..
I still don't think any team ever got nicknames like "AMAZING and MIRACLE"...so hang in there...

Estler Family said...

No switching! You may have those "nicknames" but I only see 2 banners compared to 27 :-)

Mom and Dad said...

Keep in mind...how old are the Yankees?..and how old are the Mets?..

Right now the Mets are in 1st place...I know they haven't played their first game...but that is what I heard on TV...so I sticking to that story...Yankees are probably in 1st too...as long as we all beat the Red Socks...
Go Mets... first game today in Miami.. :)

Estler Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Estler Family said...

You know if u go by the year the mets came into the league the Yankees still have more rings :-) But true as long as the red sox lose than it's all good! Good luck mets you are going to need it!