Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ice Chips Only

1300557075956

Visited the survivor in the transplant ward today. He was in rare form. We enjoyed stories of him hallucinating on medication. Last night he thought he was in SVU and that my sleeping mother was either Detective Munch or Tutuola. And the night before he thought there were Nazis gathering in the hall conspiring to stick safety pins on his hospital gown all because he watched a obscure episode of Married With Children so he started to rip out the tube in his nose that was draining his stomach contents. Dehydration on dilaudid is strong and wild stuff. I have a photo of his scar but I think I'll spare the fainthearted who read here, or just scan the photos. It's pretty gnarly. He's proud of it. I'll show a photo of a grandma with a sleeping baby instead.

1300560122515

And then the scar.

1300555073090

The road to recovery is well under way.

No comments: