Tuesday, March 29, 2011

(Finally) Shaved/Towed/Birthed

I am surrounded by procrastination, 99% of which is generated by myself. Today, unplanned, three things that have been on the verge of completion came to fruition. Let's count them down.

#1: I shaved

P1260406
Laura had been on me about this and has recently gone on a kiss strike, picketing around the bed and the front door. I knew I had to take immediate action but was nervous that my infant daughter would no longer recognize me. She was a little concerned at first, looking at me and not quite knowing who I was, but a few daddy games and she had all but forgotten about the old face beard.
---------

#2: Towed the Dakota

P1260415
I crashed the truck in December. Icy roads, early morning, windy pass, bad combination. I'm not sure why it took us three months to contact the insurance company. They asked me. I had no good answer. I tried to come up with an excuse but could only come up with the word bandits. It's easy to forget about even a large object as such when it's buried in snow for three months. Long story short: that may be the last time we ever see Sparkle Motion Emerald Pearl.
----------

#3: Fawsja had kittens

P1260421
Fawsja got pregnant before we got a chance to get her fixed like her sisters, so this winter we watched her get fatter and fatter. For awhile I thought she was just really packing on a winter coat. But today she kicked the boys out of their day-nap spot, the warmest and safest place in the whole yard, and popped out some kids. At first I saw only two, but upon further examination later on in the day I counted three sets of ears. They seem to blend in quite well.
----------

No comments: