Sunday, February 20, 2011

We Were Lookers

I brought home a box of mystery from the house in Jackson last week and finally went thru it today. Oh boy there were surprises. Some old schoolwork of mine from 5th grade that had Laura & I laughing tears and some quality records like Electric Light Orchestra's Out Of The Blue and a 7" of Come On Eileen were higlights. I also stumbled across a few photos that had me wondering that if they had Toddlers & Tiaras back in the 80's whether or not we would have been on it.

The hair says it all.

img002
img004

Unless we were wearing hats. Then the hat says it all.

img003
img005

My short lived baseball career and the card to prove it. I looked it up in Beckett's and apparently I owe them a nickel.

img001

This is an aerial shot, I think of my parents hometown, Boonton. Maybe not. I'm sure they'll tell me.

img006

Plenty more where that came from. In due time.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

This is a shot that Grandpa took from his P51 when he would fly on the weekends from McGuire Air Force Base...its my home in Pompton Plains...the large building on the left is a farm with its land and greenhouses...the trees to the right of the farm along the street I used to climb all the time...if you are in front of trees go past farm and turn right there are 3 houses to the right..my house was the middle one...can you follow that...