Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Finally Some Saffron

P1250601

At long last, we cooked with saffron. I think it was more than a year ago that one of us brought up the spice and its mysterious price tag. Tho it's best utilized is desserts and such we incorporated it as part of a Moroccan chicken dish, layered delicately over a basmati of course. Oh pretension. It was delectable. Slightly sweet, sorta spicy and oddly umami. All I know is I'm glad there's leftovers.

P1250604
P1250606

Yuula was not as impressed of course. She can't appreciate it for another day or so. I don't know how that all works. But I do know that the occasion called for a robust Malbec.

P1250631

We ate while we watched The Kids Are Alright. Great movie. Makes me wanna be part of a lesbian couple. That or a sperm donor. I know, kinda strange. Good film, good dinner, even if the finished product looks a little radioactive.

P1250617
P1250634
What's going one there?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh! Who is that homeless guy in your house? I will send you some razor blades ASAP