Monday, February 7, 2011

Close Call If Not For Rainbow Rock

AYE! What a morning already and it's 6:38. Laura got out to leave for work a little before 6, at which point we spent the next half hour trying to shimmy the van out of the driveway from the ice grips that formed in just the 5 hours since we pulled in last night. It's hard to push a vehicle with your feet consistently slipping out from under you. After dumping salt around the tires and heave-hoing it for what seemd 6 hours, we conceded defeat. Laura came back in and was in bed before i could get my boots off, which were now full of snow. I should've put socks on.

I sat down on the computer to get to work, a little ticked and cold, and turned on some background music only to find that the hard drives booted up in the wrong ports and my iTunes was jumbled. Ticked became annoyed. I reached down to take a frustrated sip of my tea and it was ice cold. Annoyed became pissed.

I started to shut down the computer so I could reboot the drives when this photo came up on my background slideshow....

P1220440

I started laughing so hard I cried. That seems like a lifetime ago. We know her so much better now. She's changed so much but that's still her. Then I cried for real. Morning back on track. Yuula saves the day. It could be so much worse. I could be Christina Aguilera this morning.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Somehow our children can change our mood for the day very easily..all you need to see is that smile...or even a pic from way back when...months or yrs...
thats why holding them is so important...cause as your can now see....they grow too fast and before you know it they don't fit on your lap anymore...
sweet baby girl...take your time...