Sunday, December 16, 2007

Moose Mugs Destroy Xmas, Film At 11

Just when I thought I had the best idea for a Christmas gift for someone, I'm reminded what it is that makes me cringe about Christmastime. This holiday is so bastardized and victimized and some other word ending with -ized, I wish they would deny some people their (literally) God given right to participate in the whole mishpukah.


I had the brilliant idea to buy a certain member of our immediate family the Moose Head mugs from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, the standout prop from one of the most brilliant scenes of one of the most brilliant holiday films ever made, not to mention the black dickie Eddie wears under his transparent white longsleeve while he sips from said mug, but I don't think anyone would wear that and it would be a wasted joke, even for me. But I find these mugs, I'm all excited, worried "Oh man I hope I can get them shipped here in time, I should order these right away!" so I scroll down to the order page and what to my wonderous eyes should appear but a $90 price tag for each frigin mug! That's $180 for two people to sit around and sip eggnog. No ma'am. And then, to add the insult to the injured, the shipping costs from Canada for just two tiny mugs: $65! C'mon people. You want me to pay $245 for TWO MUGS!!! Were these mugs used in Citizen Kane too? Did Jesus himself sip from this chalice at the Last Supper? Are these horned tumblers in actuality the Holy Grail?

$245. Bah Humbug!

No comments: