Saturday, December 15, 2007

And 'Tis The Season

I, unlike the rest of the world, resist celebrating Christmas too early, sssssaaaaayyyyy like September. Yes that is too early Macy's. In past years I would relinquish my holiday spirit until about a week beforehand, usually right around when I was getting ready to wrap my gifts and pack my bags for a trip to the parents for the family gathering. But this year I'm extending it to the 10/11 day mark. The reasons are as follows:

My parents have begun decorating the house, inside & out (which I imagine looks somewhat like what is pictured above), to continue on thru the weekend, and probably into Christmas Day.

We will be heading out to find the Christmas tree (that's right a live tree people) at some point this weekend, a long-standing family tradition that I haven't been able to participate in for quite a few years due to my non-local status.

I have been feverishly downloading Christmas music to my master playlist in preparation for the ultimate Christmas music shuffle, and I can no longer resist not hearing the sweet sweet renderings of holiday classics by John Denver & the Muppets.

I think I had a Santa spotting. C'mon look at that beard, and he was loading a sack into his green pickup truck. And how clever to forgo your all too familiar red suit for some inconspicuous blue Santa duds. Clever clever.

Fran keeps bringing home Christmas gifts.

So I give in. Body, mind, spirit, bring on the holly and the tinsel, the eggnog, the figgy pudding and those delicious cookies. Christmas is here for me. Jingle Jingle Jingle.

No comments: