Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Prep (13 Days) / Cadets Banquet

I don't even know what day it is. The past 2 weeks have been a blur. I know I saw people and went places, but it's all fuzzy. Thank God for this blog. I've spent the past 24 hours organizing photos, readying them public viewing, and gathering Christmas music. It is that time. Soon the house will be filled with the smell of pine and boxes of shiny balls will be removed from the attic, so we need the appropriate soundtrack, and I think I've collected quite an array of holiday tunes. We got the classics; Bing, Frank, Burl, Perry, Charlie Brown, but also a ton of new stuff including traiditional Hungarian Christmas music & the Emmet Otter soundtrack.

Cadets banquet this weekend. The last one. I was anxious to get outta there. The novelty of "seeing everybody" has worn off. But the audition was refreshing. Finally, a good turn out, and some talent to boot. Along with some new pool partners and an actual bed in an actual hotel, this may have been the best December camp yet.

Some weekend photos:


Yeah Daniel's back!!


The beard is on track for the holiday.


Late night flag block


Don't let him fool you, Greg is a pool hall hustler.


This was trouble.


John had the most amazing shot I've ever seen!


If that's not the most precious Christmas card, I don't know what is.


Old Friends, Love Her


Greg was ready to go too. I just really like this photo.

So much to do in the next 13, no 12, NO! 11 days!! I hope we make it. Holidays come so fast when you're old. But never fear, the posts will be plentiful, may get up to twice a day a few times. We must satisfy our dedicated readers, I think we're up to double digits now. And who knows, maybe I can finally get the little lady back on here since she hasn't written since JULY!!!

She says hi by the way.

No comments: