Wednesday, January 11, 2012

UnHolly UnJolly

DSC_0067

It's a depressing day for me when we have to take down all the Christmas decor. Laura loves it. She's a purger. I'm a binger. But I shed a tear every time I drag the tree that once brought us so much joy out to the woods to be piled up with those who came before him. It's an ugly sight.

But it was that kind of day. Ridding ourselves of all the cardboard that's been building up in the shed. Boxes that held slides and trampolines and toys and toys and toys. We could've built ourselves a new house lout of cardboard. And utilizing our new ornament organizers was quite satisfying for myself because I like to keep all the bits and pieces coordinated. Laura can make fun of me all she wants. She'll thank me next holiday season come time to decorate again. But I'm not sure how we got 5 new totes this season and still can't fit everything. Christmas is multiplying.

DSC_0099

So at 7:51pm I threw the last swag of greens out the back door and just like that Christmas was over. Except the outdoor lights, and I may just leave them on all night tonight... so I still got tonight.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Dad has given up on me...the balls for the tree are also in the same kind of pkg as you have...and I packed them in like colors..I had mentioned in the beginning of the season that I was short on green and could use some more blue..dad thought I was nuts...in the repacking...30 gold, 30 red...maybe 20 of blue...8 green...SO THERE.. will get more green next yr...still working on taking things down around the house..got tree and kitchen done..but dining and living room and some outdoor porch stuff still needs packing...house kind of looks empty in places...I too shed a tear when the season is gone...

Need to concentrate on Football...