Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It Is That Fracking Good

battlestar-galactica-w

I was recently prompted, by Portlandia, a new favorite show, to discover yet another new favorite show, one that I've heard of and about but never gave thought to actually participate in, but now that I'm halfway thru season one of Battlestar Galactica, I gotta say, it's pretty darn good. Basically a sci-fi series about the potential eradication of the human species by (you guessed it) their very own evolution of artificial intelligence. And I know that sounds wicked hokey and recycled but the show itself is pretty serious and original. And despite the contentious sci-fi requirements and the unfortunate pronunciation of the f-word, I'm hooked. I even tried to sneak in an episode during Yuula's bath tonight. The real challenge would be getting Laura to sit down and watch it with me, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

3 comments:

Brian @ PWYJudges said...

BSG is soooo amazing! You will absolutely love the twists and turns that lie ahead.

And you need to force Laura to watch—she will fall in love, too.

Travis said...

I love me some twists and turns!

Laura caught the end of an episode last night. She didn't seem impressed, but maybe it was my feet on her lap. Maybe not.

Hi Brian! Miss you bud-pal-friend. How's Christopher? You get our Christmas card?

Brian @ PWYJudges said...

Miss you, too! Chris is great, enjoying being a real lawyer now.

We got (and loved) the Christmas card!!!