Friday, May 28, 2010

Rainbows And A Box of Kittens

Ya know, it would be my luck that my betting buddy would get fired the week of the series we went double up on. Last time we bet $10 a game, and Phillies took 2 out of three. This time we doubled it, $20 a game, which I know was risky, but it was time to man up. And the Mets frigin sweep! $60 for me right? Wrong. Dude's gone and ain't coming to find me to pay his debt. At least we both know what's what. Last time he said "I hope this is a message to the Mets to get out of the way." That was when they took two out of three. Wonder what he thinks now. Guess that's what happens when the bullpen is too far away for the Phillies to steal signs.

27 scoreless innings. Reyes out of his slumber. Angel Pagan is my vote for the All Star team. I like this team. Taking it to the road, where they've been bad. But I feel good. Let's see how long that lasts.

No comments: