Friday, May 21, 2010

Ate Seven Sick Fire For Tree Too Won

This is the best time of the week. I punched out. I deposited and printed receipt with check images. I drove home to unintentional hot weather music by Cap'n Jazz, an album I haven't called on since I lived in Boston in 2000, and listened to it way too loud. I devoured an orange on the ride with no consideration for the lack of napkins in the truck. I showered and napped and applied fresh linens. Now I have time. The most time I'll have all week, of any week. And this weekend is gonna need it. I'd show you my to-do list, but I haven't made it yet.

First thing on the list is this subway series, the first of which is halfway thru the first inning. First time starter Hisanori Takahashi going for this home team, so that should be interesting. Good matchups the rest of the weekend too. Pelfrey/Hughes tomorrow and Santana/Sabathia Sunday. Will probably miss that one tho, due to the 5 hours set aside that evening for us to either revel or resent the all too ambitious ending of Lost.

I have been kind of obsessed with this lately. Mainly because the fact that I doubt I'll get involved with another show after this, at least of this ilk. The ilk, that is, of the insane amount of dedication it's taken to actually be able to follow the storyline thru 121 mind-bending, maze-like episodes. We tied together the first 4 seasons thru self-regiment on DVD. The waiting week to week and scheduling a sit down may be easy for most, but we just forget. And you who know, know that missing an episode is not wise. But the point I'm trying to get to is that I've rather enjoyed the mystery of the whole shebang. I've come to the decision that i don't really care is the ending, if there even is one, is disappointing to the masses. I can't imagine them wrapping this into a nice neat package, what with time travel, mysterious light, smoke monsters, polar bears, Egyptian Gods, adverse realities, communicating with the dead, magical healing powers, electromagnetic immunity, whispering woods, birthing deaths, donkey wheels cause the islands disappearing... is that enough? There's so much to have had to keep track of... I don't know that we're gonna be able to make sense of it all. Like, for instance, do you remember who Campbell Wallace is? How about Mr. Eko & Walt? They seemed to make a pretty big deal about Walt, and nothing ever came of it. What's up with Jack's tattoos? What's up with that dog painting? What's the significance of the Hurley Bird? Is Annie really someone else? Have no idea what I'm talking about? That's what I mean. I could go on all weekend. But that's just it. We only got 48 hours now. 52 and it'll be over. And I'm just gonna say I had a nice time not knowing. Being Lost. Very clever.

In my spare time, I still got the letter J to contend with, some patches to plant grass, and some flatrock to steal from neighbors. Wish me luck. Time is ticking.

Eyes: Takahashi vs. Vazquez
Ears: Cap'n Jazz - In The Clear

No comments: