Sunday, May 23, 2010

And Then There Were Two

Two is the magic number. Only two pitchers left on the starting rotation. Two players in a slump finally coming thru last night. Two games with the Yankees down. Winning one by two runs. Losing the other on an error that should've been two outs. Two C's in tonight's nemesis. Two bowls of cereal for breakfast [unrelated].

After last night's déjà vu singles up the middle for Wright, I'm not yet ready to say he's out of that horrid slump, but at least he ain't whiffin'. And Bay still perplexes me, but you can;t be mad when he's at least getting on base. Now if Reyes could do anything besides pop up to shallow infield and Francouer could see past those horse teeth (Laura calls him Franc-horse) and put the ball in play every now & again... all I'm looking is for everyone to play like Pagan. He's a backup player for crying out loud! A bench warmer!

And for now, the bullpen can have Perez, and Maine, as much as I liked him can rest the shoulder and stop whining. I'll await Neise's return but keep Takahashi in that rotation and that R.A. guy wasn't half bad either. I feel a turnabout coming on.

No comments: