Monday, September 28, 2009

P2K: 151-200

Here we go. Pitchfork has decided to tell everyone what the top 200 albums of the decade are/were. I think it's a little early since we still have 3 full months of album releases left in 2009, but hey, why let some logistics like that get in your way. By week's end they'll have announced the worlds favorite and that will be that.

Honestly I admire them for their courage. I have enough trouble thinking in years, but they're doing a whole decade. With the exception of a few of the [c]rappier releases, I betcha I have them all.

Today they released 200-151 and so far I'm 49/50. Not a big fan of Lil' Wayne who snuck in at 178. Highlights of part 1 include Califone's Roots & Crowns, Detroyer's Rubies, Bonnie "Prince" Billy's The Letting Go & Yeasayers All Hour Cymbals. All high quality albums. Can't wait for 101-150.

No comments: