Wednesday, September 9, 2009

No Time For Spell Check

I saw Inglorious Basterds last week. When you're making a film like this, there's no time for spell check.

I sometimes feel like Quentin Tarantino comes up with great ideas for scenes with no way of tying them together into one story. Most of this movie seems somewhat random, and probably is. I need to see it again.

Nonetheless, the film was quite enjoyable, albeit fantastical and grossly inaccurate, but all that doesn't bother me. Consider it historial-artistic license.

Landa all but stole the film. And I noticed Brad Pitt's characters' severity of southern drawl waxed & waned throughout. I think it actually added to the overall draw of the film.

Great climax, great story, great writing, great cameo by Mike Myers. May be his best since Pulp Fiction. May be better.

No comments: