Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Different Kind Of Crazy

I'm not gonna lie. I watch the American Idols. I particularly enjoy the first few weeks with all the terribly misguided performances by the self-proclaimed "next big things" and specifically they're appalling reactions to their irrefutable dismissals. Once they get into the real competition they kinda lose me. Sorry, good singers are a dime a dozen, at the very most.

That said, it came to my attention that the new judge replacing Paula Abdul has been chosen and it seems a little out of the blue. Ellen DeGeneres (foreshadowed in the photo above) is hilarious and all, but I didn't know she staked such a claim in the music biz. Perhaps she can bring some sort of real life perspective to the panel, and I'm sure the jokes will be rolling.

But I will miss Paula, what with her one droopy eye and the slurred vocabulary of a 3rd grader. People, she just wanted to love everybody but Simon wouldn't let her. I will miss her. She inadvertently became the funniest part of the show. You knew that everytime it was her turn to speak you were gonna be in for an experience. Two steps forward girl, two steps back.

No comments: