Wednesday, November 26, 2008

~'s

Been snowing the past few days. Pretty snow that melts by lunchtime. Snow you'd invite inside your house for a cup of chamomile tea and triscuits because you know they wouldn't outstay their welcome.

~

I looked into a woodburning fireplace insert yesterday. Pretty steep. But I think it's what we'd ultimately like to end up with. These pellets are hard to come by, and use electricity. Good thing we picked up those space heaters.

~

The small theatre in town reopened. It closed the week we moved here and it bummed us out to think our new little town was already feeling the effects of big business. But it's back. Playing some good films. Sure we'll get out there as soon as holiday buzz begins to unbuzz.

~

We've been sleeping downstairs. Fran started sleeping on the pullout when I was gone. I think it was warmer, even tho last night we didn't even have the stove on and it was pretty hot. I usually end up throwing the covers off in the middle of the nite. And the bedroom is right above the stove and usually gets pretty warm. But we are still down there, I think it's just a nice change. Plus we can eat dinner and then lay right down. We're lazy.

~

Got back watching movies on Netflix. The last few films we watched have varying reviews. Out of 10.

Be Kind Rewind: 8
The Machinist: 6
Son Of Rambow: 7
Murderball: 5
Suspect Zero: 4
National Treasure 2, Book of Secrets: 6
The Happening: -3

Right now we have out Enduring Love & Get Smart. Maybe we'll watch one tonight. Maybe not.

~

Today I'm packing. Paying bills, cleaning up, trying to leave this place orderly. Tomorrow we wake up at the crack and head to my parents for Thanksgiving, hopefully a tremendously lazy day, and then hafta leave the house round 5 or 6 Friday morning to catch my flight. Excited to see Jon Bilby and his wife Michelle. They live in Billericay, which I believe is just east of London. Teaching Saturday & Sunday, Monday night and have Tuesday to myself. I'll find something to do I'm sure. Probably freezing there too. Better pack sweaters.

No comments: