Monday, November 24, 2008

10th Time's A Charm

This is the 10th year in a row I have done this audition camp, 12th if you count when I actually had to audition, and it never disappoints. Picked up the crew at the airport and got severely lost in a village of fields trying to follow Emma's purple pin, off to a good start.

We hurried indoors from the cold, the boys from Miami thought we may get frostbite, to check out our first class digs.

IMG_0465

I knew both the aerobeds I brouhgt to have have mechanical disfunctions. I let Michael borrow what i thought was the sketchy one & I used the one more recently purchased. However without the cap to close the nozzle off, there was no way to maintain the ample amount of air between me and my precious backside sufficient enough for a good nights sleep. So I became MacGyver.

IMG_0474

Looks like a molotov cocktail. But the bed did deflate overnite & I woke up in a giant blue plastic taco.

Saturday is the big day. Lotsa learning. Lotsa auditioning. Lotsa everything. Greg kept us entertained with stories of his experiences with members of NYC Hippocratic community,

IMG_0481

the kids showed off some of their new piercings,

IMG_0485

and then general chaos ensued.



And then I got bored and wandered the grounds and snapped a few photos.

IMG_0489
IMG_0491
IMG_0497
IMG_0498
IMG_0499

We did manage to get away for a nice sitdown dinner, which in my 10 years, has never happened.

IMG_0503
IMG_0504
IMG_0501
IMG_0502
IMG_0505

Sunday came and went. Mostly reviewing and tweaking and cutting. I left before the stage-show-&-tell thing to make it home in time to see the Giants game. Walked in right in the middle of the 1st quarter. Would've made it were it not for an accident on 80. Good game. They won.

Came home to this too...

IMG_0530

I have the feeling they were there all weekend.

1 comment:

Brian @ PWYJudges said...

Another great camp! Can't wait 'til the next one :-)