Monday, March 31, 2008

Wedding Cakes Thru Security


Fran comes home today.

She's been having a great time visiting her family so I hear, playing basketball, helping Kevin get ready for prom, playing DDR with Madison. I hope gets on that plane.

She plans on bringing the top of our wedding cake home with her, since tomorrow is our 1 year anniversary and you're supposed to eat the rest of your cake. I don't think I even got a piece of that thing on our wedding day, but everyone told me it was delicious so I'm looking forward to it. I just hope she doesn't run into any problems at security. I can just picture some crusty old TSA agent sticking his fingers into our cake, tearing it apart, rendering it an unidentifiable pile of mush. Don't get me wrong, I'll still eat it, just won't be happy about it.

I did a little research about security check points to see what their policy was on wedding cake and didn't find anything to worry about. But I did find these interesting facts:

TSA Week At A Glance (March 24-30, 2008)


  • 15 passengers were arrested due to suspicious behavior or fraudulent travel documents

  • 16 firearms found at checkpoints

  • 4 artfully concealed prohibited items found at checkpoints

  • 12 incidents that involved a checkpoint closure, terminal evacuation or sterile area breach

  • 17 disruptive passengers on flights

Yowza! Seems like there's bigger issues than wedding cakes coming thru the x-ray. Now I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that when I see Frans shining face she's not carrying a dirty fork and have icing on her chin.

No comments: