Thursday, March 27, 2008

Let The Kids Play

I feel good

I feel better at least, after watching today's game against the Braves. At first I thought it was gonna be ugly since Mets weren't playing any starters, Oliver Perez was starting and Braves had all their guys out. But the boys rose to the occasion. Perez pitched a beautiful game with 4 strikeouts over 6 and 1/3 and only allowing 2 runs to that hefty Braves lineup and even making some fancy plays on the field.


Ryan Church finally showed up at the plate getting a pair of hits and Marlon Anderson was brilliant as expected. The real surprises this spring are the youngens. Fernando Tatis, Angel Pagan, Raul Cassanova; these guys have been terrific and it makes me feel better about Brian Schneider and personal hero Moises Alou not being 100% on opening day. As much as I love Moises, I really wanna see what Pagan can do in regular season play. Unfortunately for these guys to make the bench it means losing guys like Gotay, but I think that's gonna happen anyhow. Whatever it takes, it's fun watching the Braves get spanked when they don't expect it.

No comments: