Saturday, March 8, 2008

And You People Thought I Was Bad

2-2[1]
Paul Mawhinney is my hero. For the past 60 years he has been collecting music and this guy's managed to gather over 3 million records, cds, 78's & 45's in what can officially be called "The World's Greatest Music Collection". Full of rock, jazz, country, even new age & Christmas stuff, the collection includes every release that helped shape or define music thru the 20th century, and then some.
2-3[1]
Several albums are worth hundreds and thousands of dollars on their own, and Mawhinney estimates the entire collection to be worth over 50 million dollars. That's one old nestegg. Which makes me wonder why he just sold the whole thing on eBay for only $3,002,150.00. I guess that's just as good. And it gives me something to shoot for. Of course in fifty years albums and cds will be so obsolete that they'll either be worthless or priceless. I guess we'll hafta wait and see. And in the meantime I can get me a nice little library with one of those sliding ladders like my boy Paul.
5-2[1]

No comments: