Saturday, March 29, 2008

The State Of The Hummer


I've recently been pondering the possibility of rehabilitating ye ole music blog by the name of Hummer. I haven't touched the thing since before the summer of 2006 and then kinda forgot about it. Further, it has been brought to my attention that I've been posting more than my fair share about music on this here blog and I can imagine that it has perturbed our already minute yet loyal community of readers.

Then upon driving Francis (the Informer) to the airport the other morning we passed a large truck with the word "Hummer" emblazoned on the side, so I took that as a sign. Then today on a random mix of the 90,213 songs on my iTunes, the sites namesake, Hummer by none other than the Smashing Pumpkins popped up in the mix. Sign numero dos.

The only problem is, before, it was like a job. I felt some kind of obligation to post everyday (kinda like I do now with The Estlers). And posting the actual mp3s up there is a nightmare. I just don't feel like doing all that. I guess I can just do whatever I want tho. I mean, the only reason for doing all this is so I can go back in 20 years and read it all and see: what I'm doing/what I'm into/what a geek I am.

That being said, tomorrow morning I will post the weekly mix as planned (and maybe a quarterly music wrap-up), but that will probably be it, for this site anyhow. Any and all music posts will be hereby excommunicated to the site formerly (and latterly) known as Hummer.

Have a good day/nite/life.

No comments: