Monday, January 25, 2010

Salvaging It Takes An Oversight

Another weekend at Sitao. Started off bad. Got out of my truck and Brian told me one of the kids quit. That's really obnoxious, only because we spent the entire last weekend staging the show and once that's done, it's really hard to just remove one person and have it all make sense. The kid had two months to figure out if he wanted to do it, and chose the worst possible weekend to figure out that he didn't. I have no sympathy for people like that. Moving on.

IMG_1834

I think the kids had a good weekend. I think they like the show. Any show that challenges them is good enough to me. And I think this show is challenging. Specifically, this weekend we worked on a little partner section, which normally I'm totally against because of the usual total lack of creativity and continuity, but I think we got something here. Now if they can just get thru it.

IMG_1823

We had very little left to actually stage and most of that went pretty quickly. had we had the correct props that house the equipment efficiently we could've done a complete run. That's pretty good for two weekends work. It also means we're onto the cleaning and refining process, which can be tedious. I'm hoping that the next two weekends are sufficient.

Here's some photos I took outside the gym on Sunday morning. It's was rainy, but I managed.

IMG_1855
My new mantra: Peace, Love & Dollar Signs

IMG_1858
I call this one "Who Doesn't Love A Butterfly Spacecraft?"

IMG_1859
So that's what everyone's doing with their Yellow Pages.

IMG_1860
The long climb to rehearsal.

IMG_1863
I was gonna save this one for Valentine's but I didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

(I highly doubt you notice but most everytime I write about SITAO I entitle the post using the guard's name as an acronym. Mainly I did this because the name originally derived from an acronym itself that I find at the very least distasteful to the point that I will not type it here (again). Instead I chose to explore the possibilities that could someday replace this unfortunate label. I don't this one's making the cut.)

No comments: