Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cera-iously

Ha, that's dumb.

Anyhow, I had recently began doubted the brilliance of one of my favorite young actors, Michael Cera. After a turn as George-Michael on the amazingly under-appreciated Arrested Development and then his lesser known and pretty gosh darn funny webcast episodes of Michael & Clark, I thought for sure he was going to be spending a good deal of time on my television screen, delighting me in ways most could never dream. Even Superbad was tolerable the third and fourth time I've seen it.

Than there came Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, which would've been a good film, if it hadn't succumbed to the producers grand ideas of telling kids what they think they should think is hip. Painful film. Then came Year One, a sure thing starring Cera & Jack Black; probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and not so bad that it's good kinda thing, just bad. Bad.

And now, now he's hanging out with the cats of Jersey Shore, a show that no I seriously have never even seen a commercial for, nonetheless an entire episode, but have heard enough to know that I would hate it with all my might, me being from the Jersey Shore myself and knowing that 99.8% of the people who live there are nothing like these guido morons.

But then he did just do this mildly entertaining part music video, part PSA for taking candy from strangers, tripping and becoming entranced by beads.



Keep me guessing buddy. I'm scared to see Youth In Revolt. I hate when my stars fall.

No comments: