Monday, January 18, 2010

Burned Can Be Beautiful

IMG_1549

Last Thursday I had a few hours to kill waiting for Laura to get off work. My sense of exploration and my lack of sense of direction somehow landed me in an abandoned snowy field, so I went with it.

IMG_1550

I didn't hike far til I saw what looked like a house through the trees. When I got closer I found out that it was only the remains of one.

IMG_1553

I wandered around once and snapped a few shots and noticed all the Christmas decorations fused to the siding and what was left of a tree in what I'm guessing was the living room.

IMG_1558

I saw a couple of those helium balloons you can buy at the grocery in the kitchen window still fully inflated. They said Happy Birthday. Those things don't stay up for long so I figured this didn't happen all that long ago.

IMG_1554

I saw paw prints of a dog in the backyard that led into the woods. I'm hoping they got out the kennel in time.

IMG_1556

I think I hung out there for awhile. I lost track of time.

IMG_1561

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Love the pics of that house...kind of sad though..sure hope the family got out and the animals..