Friday, January 15, 2010

In A World That Doesn't...

We does.

Funny right? But seriously, this phone is crazy. I never had a phone that did much else beside ring someone, but this thing is like a computer in my pocket. And it's not that we needed or even wanted such a gadget, but they were free. What can I say, we duped the system. Ya see, I had a few hours to kill yesterday before picking Laura up from work, so amongst other little errands I stopped by the Verizon store to see what was what and when we were due for an upgrade. The women helping me seemed as surprised as I was when she said "1/15. Why that's tomorrow!". So now I'm stoked because I hate my phone (the bottom row of buttons barely works) and I know Laura hates hers (sometimes the screen goes buh-bye). So I started checking out all the phones we could trade in. The woman made me aware of the deals we can get for renewing our contract and other bargains we get for being such loyal and punctual clientele. We get the phones at the special bargain basement price plus another $100 off one of the phones. So I'm looking thru the inventory, doing the math in my head, and initially passed over the fancy touchscreen/3G/smartphone section, but then curiosity came over me and I glimpsed. Apparently the Droid Eris is on sale for $199, with a special promotion this week of $100 off. So $99 each. Add to that the fact that we get another $100 off one of the phones, and then the real kicker, since we're such wonderful bill payers, we get buy one get one free. So again, that's $199 per phone, minus the $100 of each in-store promotion, $100 off one for resigning and one phone for free just for being nice people; Verizon owes us $1.00. Even the guy helping us seemed caught off guard by the deal. Guess we're the first ones. Either way, we walked outta there not spending a penny with two brand new phones that a normal, less conscionable person would've spent over $1,000 on. And we have no idea how to use them, but so far they're fun and I can now call people with a 7,8 or 9 in their number.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Now you can make important phone calls