Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Now Near New Years

IMG_0998

Well, Christmas has come & gone. We have been enjoying our gifts and gadgets thoroughly. One came in the mail yesterday.

P1170291

I guess Christmas isn't over yet. There's a few more things en route.

But we're pretty much back to the ol' routine. The new year is coming and I can't help but feel like it's gonna refresh us a little. We got some plans for 2010 ya see. Little things here and there. Maybe a road trip, maybe an air trip. Maybe a new driveway. Maybe a bunch of zero balances on credit cards. Maybe all of it. Maybe none. It's all very exciting. I can't wait to see what happens. I do know we are gonna eat healthier this year. We've already started...

IMG_0958
IMG_1013

Plus we got out new Wii to help us along. According to the Wii I am obese and Laura is 62, so we've got some work to do. And I suck at balancing on an iceberg and catching fish in my mouth while dressed as a penguin so.....

IMG_0994
P1170299

We got plans for the house too. Like this little nugget I drew up last night.

IMG_0997

I saw it on some While You Were Out or Trading Spaces episode a bunch of years back and never got it out of my head. Now I want one.

But mainly I think we plan to take the year's end in with a quiet smile. Relaxing around the house, cooking from one of the four cookbooks we got for Christmas, or just playing Shut the Box for jordan almonds. It's our favorite new game, besides Mario Kart, but that's not really new is it?

IMG_1005

And a game that Laura cannot cheat at, therefore she has to play fair, therefore she loses. Every so often.

IMG_1007

It was that 6th round where she got a whopping 125,789 points. The idea is to get the lowest score. That didn't help. And cats have been enjoying the new cushions we got for the dining room chairs more than we have, but our warm butts appreciate them on those chilly mornings that are soon coming.

IMG_0960

Whatever it is that 2010 brings, I'm sure it's gonna be amazing. Why wouldn't it be?

P1170271

I'm out of turkey.

IMG_0979

No comments: