Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December And What That Means

Here's how November ended...
IMG_0135

And here's how December started...
IMG_0136

Not too different. Except that now that it's December, it's snowing. Not in the photo. Outside. How grande. Not a heavy snow, but just enough to be able to say "it's snowing". So November's gone, December is here. That means there's things to do. Gotta get out those giant totes of Christmas cheer and spread its contents around the house. Gotta start making cookies for our local friends and cohorts. Gotta get a tree and decorate it. Gotta hang the stockings and drink the eggnog and crack the nuts and play the jingles and shop for gifts and wrap the gifts and now it means I gotta shovel the driveway.

It also means I am readying my year-end best-of lists. Music, movies, TV, life, dinner, whatever. America has year-end best-of list fever and I am no exception. I've already been compiling what i think to be the finest recordings, musically speaking, this year the past week or so on a playlist in iTunes. It's shaping up.

Untitled


December is my favorite month tho, seriously. Snow, I love. Not crazy about the shoveling part, but I do like trouncing around in it. And sledding. Gotta find another new hill this year and burn a hole thru my Rosebud. And of course Christmas, even after the past few months of the rest of the world celebrating it prematurely, I've managed to stay unfettered and my Christmas will start tomorrow when they throw that giant switch on the tree overlooking Prometheus overlooking the ice-skaters overlooking their children overlooking their Christmas lists.

So come on December. I know you'll be gone too fast.

No comments: