Friday, December 18, 2009

For Yonder Breaks A New And Glorious Morn

I have been busy lately. Catching a flight down to Miami to teach for the weekend and into Monday and then finishing up some shopping on the way home from the airport, coming home to get ready for Dani & Vic's arrival and then the blissfully inevitable Christmas celebration begins. Christmas cards went out this morning and finishing touches being put on decor about the house, all to make sure our guests and ourselves have the holliest jolliest frigin Christmas weekend.

So why am I sitting here at my computer?

I didn't go. I decided it would be in my best interest to stay home and not deal with the oncoming snow blizzard. I had planned on just going, I even checked in this morning online ($25 for extra legroom on JetBlue) but when i got a text from my sister drawing my attention to the fact that Cadets were canceling their weekend camp, I thought again. Cadets would rehearse in a meteor shower. This may be bad. I had a brief conversation with Daniel and the decision was made. I'm staying here. The last thing I wanted was to be stranded in Miami for the holiday or get home late and miss my family visit.

So here I am. I'll be here all weekend folks. Not planning on going out. The shopping is done now. I took advantage of my new freedom today and finished that off. Town is gonna get crazy next week and I don't wanna see it.

Ya wanna know what I got Laura for Christmas tho?

I re-organized the refrigerator and the cupboards..

IMG_0785
IMG_0788
IMG_0791

Not impressed? You should've seen the before picture.

And then I made her this delicious dessert...

IMG_0814

Those are fresh berries yo! I know right! Best husband ever! I'm kidding. I'll have a couple real gifts under the tree. Mainly stuff that I want but I can pretend I got it for her. You know how that works.

Anyhow.. Sorry Daniel.

Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: