Thursday, May 22, 2008

Desultory Morning

I'm not sure why I'm awake.

(02) nightstand

That's a lie. Yes I do. Like a nitwit I erased my iPod yesterday so I could refill it with juicy new nuggets, but once again neglected to realize that the amount of time I have left to transfer all the files greatly outweighs the actual amount of time I have til this computer is boxed up and shipped off. So I'm up, thinking maybe my PC is a night owl and works better in the wee hours than it did in daylight. Let's hope for the best.

DSCN9917

...also anxiety. I can't sleep because I'm all worked up. We went shopping for household cleaning supplies yesterday, and like I was telling my Dad, I guess I haven't really allowed myself to substantiate the reality of the situation, until yesterday: Like a ton of bricks. But I'm good. we got good news about our down payments. All parties involved are very nonchalant about the whole extravaganza, so I'm guessing it's only an extravaganza to me.

(01) bridge over Schuylkill River

I think we may go see the new Indiana Jones today. I usually try to avoid opening days to these massive summer blockbusters (ever since having to watch costumed adults cry at Lord of the Rings, thanks Christian) but I wanna see it with Fran and I leave Saturday night so.....

DSCN9798

Yeah can we talk about that for a second? I leave Saturday night. So we buy the house Friday (tomorrow, oh Lord) come back Jackson Friday night. Eric Brust comes down too. He and Fran are going to a wedding on Sunday. Fran doesn't know the couple but Eric is shooting their wedding and he wants a date. He's becoming a dead serious wedding photographer. I'm proud to say we were his first. Back on subject... we close Friday, come back, we are driving a float in a parade on Saturday morning, all three of us. I know, weird right? The Fran has to work til 10. Then we are driving to Springfield and spending the night with Cadets (yes all three of us). Sunday morning I start teaching and Eric & Fran get gussied up and get free cocktails. But I am gone for a month. Til June 21st. Or 22nd. Somewhere around there. I buy a house and then go live in a dorm and a bus seat for a month. Bananarama was right. It is a cruel, cruel summer.

(14) Spurs v Hornets

Lakers beat the Spurs in game one last night. Mets have been degraded by the Braves. I watched the end American Idol finale. I haven't watched an episode since back in the auditions so I really had no idea who was who. I don't really think that was George Michael tho. I think they rented his double from Madam Curie's wax museum or an animated robot from the Neverland Ranch or something. Is it me or is that Frank TV guy an enormous hack? It's not me. And people, can we now get some instant replay in baseball?

(18) tree & sky

I just realized it's not a good idea to blog while I'm half asleep at 3AM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it