Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cottage Home Style

When we left the lofts in Atlanta we took everything we owned and jammed it into a POD, which I believe was last seen floating thru space somewhere between the Proxima & Alpha Centauris. Everything, that is to say, except our computer desk. I hated that thing. Big ugly phony-oak plastic-finish piece of junk, I hated it from the second I bought it as a floor model at Staples in Marietta. I don't even know what I was thinking. I paid for it and then realized it wouldn't fit in my car, it being already assembled and all, so I had to wait a few hours on the sidewalk in front of the store for a friend to come help with his truck, which is the first time I broke the desk. I broke it numerous times over my three moves in Georgia, but I wasn't having it this last time. After clearing out most of the apartment I took to that thing like a badger with a hatchet and tore it to shreds, distributing the pieces to the neighborhood children so they could build themselves a lemonade stand and keeping a piece for myself, which I subsequently burned over a fire as part of a ritual sacrifice to appease the loft gods.

So knowing we had to replace the computer desk in the next few weeks, a hunting party was assembled and an expeiditon was set forth to find a replacement that (A) had a propitius nature towards our practical needs, (B) met the demands of our impeccable sense of style, and (C) was cheap. After numerous attempts and recent failures I stumbled across this beauty last night while looking for a new record-keeping book, and realized that while the desk met parts A & B of our standards, it overwhelmingly surpassed our expectations for part C and within seconds I was at the front checkout swiping my card. I neglected to grab a record-keeping book.

So without further adieu, I give you....our new computer desk.
Nothing fancy, but that's how we're rolling these days. Cottage Home style. And no that is not our stuff.

No comments: