Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bills, Bruises, Buffets In Brrrr

Surviving Sandy: Day Four


Laura had to go in to work this day. No heart in corporate America. Despite a hurricane and massive flooding, people gotta buy tchotchkes. But Yuula and I layered up and decided to do some heavy reading. Yuula on her book collection and I on that stack of papers that's been mysteriously collecting under my desk for a year or so.


Bills, expired coupons, offers, etc. It all had a place, and most of it was the trash can. But it had to be done. Some of it was kind of important. Guess I should hope for power outages more often.


Then Yuula fell down and hit her head on the stairs. Little bump that a bottle can fix easily.


I decided to fend off concussion and take her for a walk. She was all but too eager to comply, and it's not like it was any colder outside than it was inside.


We found an old walking buddy who was all of the sudden hard to shake.


It wasn't long til boogers started running heavy and served as temporary refreshment.


We took some silly shots


I have a large schnozz


When Laura got home we packed up our dirtbag family and headed out to CiCi's pizza. A warm meal for a cheap buck and also a place that we could camp out at for as long as we needed to to let our bones defrost. 


We hopped on over to the new megastore bargain book store. Bought Yuula  few new reads and I picked up a copy of Richard Dawkin's "The Ancestor's Tale" for only $1. Should I still read it?


Then we wandered around Target pretending to shop. Yuula took after her mother and decided to do a little redecorating throughout the store. We bought nothing. I think we may have bought a candy bar.

We rented Safety Not Guaranteed to watch by the fireplace bed this night. It was okay. That girl from Parks & Rec is funny, but I think I dozed off a few too many times to actually get what the hell was going on. They disappeared. Is that good? 

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Poor baby...glad you didn't let her sleep...a good walk is always good...how bad is her bruise now...I tried calling today but couldn't get an answer on either line...