Monday, November 26, 2012

Not Even For The Bestest Bargain


I somehow allowed Eric & Fatih to talk me into a little Black Friday excursion to Best Buy at midnight after Thanksgiving. At first I was kind of excited, thinking  solely as a spectator, that I'd either see a trampling mob or some good deals on stuff I can dream about one day owning, more likely the latter. Instead we got a queue. A long, building surpassing queue that passed PetSmart, Bed Bath and then beyond, around the corner and down a dark alley. I managed to strike up some conversation with other line-standers, but immediately regretted that. I shivered some and had to be reminded about 7 times what exactly we were doing there. I still couldn't tell you. Once we got inside the pre-arranged human hamster cage sale items were grabbed and the search for a checkout line began. We stood in the wrong line for about ten minutes but it didn't seem to matter. The boys got some good deals on cameras, photo and video, and I bought a pack of mentos at Black Friday deal price.


I told them this picture marks the moment we stopped being friends.

No comments: