Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Pavilion Lives To Sing Another Day


We've all seen a lot of the photos from the damage Sandy did. It's a mess out there. The people who I know live there are all okay and seem to be in good spirits. I'm glad we took Yuula out to Seaside this summer. Don't know when they think they'll be able to get it all up and running again, but I'm guessing it will never be the same.



This is Avon. That little white building on the right with all the windows is the Avon Pavilion where my sister got married. It stands unharmed, and with all the destruction around it too. Glad. It was kind of a special place. I sang a mean version of The Guess Who's These Eyes in that place. My parents spend almost every Friday night there over the summer as well with his band. It's almost surreal.

No comments: