Friday, November 16, 2012

R.A. Is The C.Y.


Wow! I did not follow the second half of their miserable season, but I did hear murmurings of how well Dickey pitching and I did catch his final few starts of the season, seeing him win his 20th game (a feat most statisticians deemed "improbable" in the modern era) and felt a undeserved sense of pride in simply sticking with my team. I read he is the first knuckleballer to ever win the honor of Cy Young award and to make the fairytale ever more fairy-like, two years ago Dickey was cut from the Mets, the 38 year old thinking his career may be over. Fast forward to 2012 and this happens. Who knows what's next. The Mets fan in me says come back and do it again. The human side says, say 'thanks for the memories", ride off into the sunset, and rest that wobble.

No comments: