Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Faneuil Hall Looked Lovely Last Night


There it is. The remnants of last evenings election party. It was just Laura and I, but we had a good time following the live fb'ing, hearing Wolf Blitzer shriek every time he saw a close race and playing with the online interactive electoral college maps. We might use the electoral system to make decisions around the house from now on, like what's Ohio telling us is for dinner, or what does Colorado think we should do on our day off (hmm). Favorite lines on fb were:

"I guess Claire McCaskill had a way of shutting that whole thing down"

"Diane Sawyer is either wicked blotto or having a stroke"

"Aww, I was really looking forward to getting my own planet"

"The trailer for Lincoln looks really good"
 
Presidential race aside, it's quite an impressive result in the Senate and cool to see provisions passing in Maine, Maryland and (I think) Washington. I've been following it as much as a anyone can and I'm mostly relieved it's over. I guess I'll stay tuned to see what happens next. But first... oatmeal.

No comments: