Saturday, April 16, 2011

Neither Flood Nor Meatball

P1260651

The shed is coming together, despite the rain that fell from roughly 1pm to 8, when my father & I, soaked thru to our bones and bodies covered in wet sawdust, finally called it quits. We threw tarps on top of tarps up over the the structure and kept somewhat dry, but there was no avoiding the torrentials. The flood warning thru the night has me a little unsettled, since the entire back of the thing lies on a man (me) made retaining wall that is still in its infantile stages of construction. If it's still standing tomorrow morning, we may be able to finish it. It will be an accomplishment.

The drier moments...

P1260612
P1260615
P1260631

Laura made a delicious spaghetti and meatball dinner that replenished my carbs. Now I am ready for sleep. We are winding down...

P1260658

No comments: