Friday, January 23, 2009

Craving Consistency

Everyday, around 11am, a herd of deer settle just outside our backdoor at the edge of the woods. They seem to have the routine down and every time I think "Nah, they won't be there today", there they lie, some more alert than others, but all in rest mode. So what I'm wondering is how is it that deer can be on a more consistent schedule than I am. The last few months not only have I never have the same schedule day to day or week to week, but usually don't even know what each day will consist of until maybe the evening before. And (oddly) thankfully that is all about to change. I am about to settle into my own little cozy regular schedule for the next few weeks and I'm actually kind of excited about it. No more waking up and wondering where I'll have to go or who I'll have to call. It's actually been a a bit of an annoyance. So anyhow, here's to craving consistency, the hobgoblin of little minds, something I never thought I'd yearn for, but will welcome the pleasant change, at least for a few weeks til things inevitably resume their haphazardness. Then again...

No comments: