Monday, January 14, 2013

Don't Cross Your Sauces


What are we looking at here? A nice platter of spaghetti, topped with some delicious tomato sauce and sprinkled with parmesan cheese?

Nope.

That there is not the main course but in fact, the dessert. Spaghetti-shaped ice cream covered in strawberry sauce and coconut flakes. Sounds frigin delicious I know, but I don't know why I need the disguise. Is this so kids can fool their parents that they're somehow eating a healthy Italian meal while in fact they're devouring 2 pounds of vanilla noodles? They gotta eat it fast too because once those noodles start melting the jig is up fools.


Apparently some weirdo invented this machine back in the 60's, called the Spaghettieis, to do just this. It is all the rage in Germany. So is David Hasselhoff. Apparently now you can find it at some gelaterias and specialty ice cream parlors, at special events and at some hotels and restaurants around the world. I hope I never come across it because I will be forced to order one and I think regular spaghetti will be ruined for me, forever. And maybe ice cream as well. I like my frozen treats in clump form. I've never embraced the dippin' dots and I rarely even partake in an icepop on a stick of any sort. Just dump it in a bowl and let the heat have its way with it. Don't mess with perfection.

No comments: