Thursday, October 21, 2010

Not One For Dynasties

20101020__giantsgame4posey~5_GALLERY

This is gonna come off like an anti-Phillies or an anti-Yankees post, but it's really not. It's more anti-dynasty, and I'm being completely forthright when I say that I don't even wanna see the teams I root for winning championships every year. That's just boring. Mix it up, give somebody else the chance, spread it around. And that is exactly why I am loving every minute of these baseball playoffs. I don't think I'm alone in never imagining the Rangers & Giants being one win away from playing each other in the world series, but such a notion has me excited to actually watch it. Who wants to see Philly & NY in a repeat of last years series besides their fans. That's selfish.

20101020__giantsgame4posey~3_GALLERY

When it comes down to it I'm pulling for San Francisco. Could ya tell? That game last night was pretty awesome, not to mention that all these guys were on different teams when the season started. It's kind like the island of misfit toys. Cody Ross is playing far superior to how he started this year in Florida. Mike Fontenot was on the Cubs, Pat Burrel was in Tampa Bay and Javier Lopez was in Pittsburgh. And I love how Bruce Brochy is moving these players around, giving everyone a shot, mixing it up, giving somebody else a chance, spreading it around.

sf_85867

No comments: