Friday, April 9, 2010

We Are Radiating

IMAG0023

We finally got our radiator replaced. We've been living with a massive crack in it and just pumping it full of antifreeze and water and Wawa peach iced tea, whatever we could get our hands on. But this week, with Laura on vacation and Sexy Bird just sitting in the driveway, we decided to test our new mechanic, Marty, who is as advertised. He even remembered my name when I called today. Pleasant and honest, a rarity in these times. I don't know why they spray painted our battery but now we can fill our tank with fluid and after a winter without it, we can run the heat.

IMAG0024

We've been thinking about landscape alot, and we found some trees we like. Laura liked the little flowery ones. I liked the 30 foot dead ones. Some are more feasible than others.

IMAG0022IMAG0263

It was one of my trainees birthdays today so I got him the smallest cupcake imaginable. He laughed but didn't eat it. I'm not sure it was edible. I found it in the lab from this weeks seminars. Maybe it was a cupcake model. But who would need such a thing? But who would need any of the things that are created under that roof. It all seems very fruitless. Yet people get their feathers ruffled there on a daily basis. I like it. I find it entertaining.

I came home early and found my pregnant wife killing a bowl of extreme moose tracks and watching Roseanne on the couch. Caught red-handed. She had no alibi. An hour later we were eating strawberry & cream. Then two Kashi pizzas. If we had three it would've been three. Trouble.

P1180250

No comments: