Saturday, April 24, 2010

Clearing Way For Me Birthday

Tomorrow's my birthday. I'll be 32. 11,688 days. 280,512 hours. That doesn't seem like very many hours. Maybe I did the math wrong. Today I tried to get most of the yard work out of the way, and tho I mowed the lawn, tore down the pool, gathered all the lumber from around the house, started cutting up the down trees, cleaned half the shed, pulled that toilet out of the forest and cleaned the trash from the woods after that savage bear attack on our garbage cans last fall, I'm still not done. I couldn't get the weedwacker going again. I think that thing has it in for me. Watch, Laura will come home tonight and start it right up. Bastard thing. But the idea is to rest as much as I can tomorrow on my birthday, but I think we'll end up doing some early morning yardwork. That is if either of us see early morning. I have a feeling she'll sleep in and on a Sunday, especially on Sunday that just so happens to be the celebration of your 32nd year of life, I think I'll manage to stay under cover for as long as I can without getting stir crazy.

But I figured out what I want today for my birthday. A bike. Not a ten speed or anything. One like up there^, but maybe in green. So depending on what time you read this, you might not have much time before the bike stores close tonight, and it's in bad taste to buy someone a birthday gift on their birthday so why are you still reading this and not in your car right now? Anyhow, I took a bike ride this morning, on break from cleaning out the shed, and it was lovely. I felt like I was 7 years old riding the campground gravel roads, my legs were burning but I kept pedaling. I saw two cats, three deer and two old folks working on their garden out front. It put in me in such a good mood, that is, until I got home, or almost home and ran into my wife, who I had left in bed a short 20 minutes before. She was in the car, dressed and off to work. She thought she had to close but instead she was already late.

Eyes: A clean yard
Ears: MGMT - Song For Dan Treacy

No comments: