Sunday, February 28, 2010

Preparing The Lion

It's quiet this morning. Maybe because it's snowing. Maybe it's because of Trevor Moss & Hannah-Lou. Today is important tho. It's the last day of February. There won't be another til next year. It's the Sunday before a busy busy (did I say busy?) week. Tomorrow is March 1st so it's the our last chance to prepare our lion.

P1170690

Last night Laura needed some help carrying in some bags when she got home. I waited on the front porch in the cold, just to get out a little and breath in some chill. The sky was out last night. I took some photos. This is my third favorite.

P1170686

I liked the night photos I took out there so much that even after she got home and I got her inside I took a couple more, for 15 minutes or so. I wasn't wearing a coat.

P1170689

I've been up since around 4 this morning. Trying to get a head start and a routine in place. I did the dishes and the laundry. Gonna make some eggs for breakfast, when/if she gets outta bed. Lotta coughing still last night. Making a doctors appointment for sure. Gonna put peppers in the eggs. Red & green. Like Christmas eggs. Maybe I'll add yellow, like a stop light. Or like this photo I took of our bedroom wall last night...

P1170697

Our deer family is back this year, but only four. Pretty much every morning they're out back, eating thru the snow and leaving a trail. I've never followed it. We put a salt lick out for them. I don't know if they found it yet. There's no way to tell. There should be some way to tell. Dontcha think?

P1170709


I tried to watch Moon yesterday. Fell asleep. But not because it was bad or boring. Because our couch is so damn comfortable. I do wanna see it tho. I feel like it'll be a good Sunday morning film to watch. Maybe I'll try again before Laura wakes. She'd appreciate that. It's not her kinda film.

outerspace + singular actor + psychological mindmelt = Laura's naptime

So maybe I'll do that now. And then prepare the lion.