Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Will Be Extra Outrageous

So it's needless to say our life has changed the past month or so. Rewind to before Christmas and we were doing the do we did so well, and without a care in the world, kinda. And not to say that any new developments have created any sort of tension or significant personal stress. If anything it's done the opposite. Those plus signs caused us to sit up and take notice. To maybe grab hold the reins a little tighter, instead of dangling them over our shoulder or twiddling them between our toes. And it feels good.

IMG_2662
a benefit of the early commute

We've given up a lot the past couple weeks. Clean clothes, nights together, Office reruns to a box of chianti. The little things that came to become habit, good or bad or neither. But we've replaced them with other things, like eating well, and dinner before 10pm, and a possible sense of design versus our forthright meandering about the universe. That's pretty heavy.

IMG_2699
Miguel's final bow

And it's been interesting playing this role. I know for most it's all part their hundrum, but to me it's new and I'm sure someday I'll get so sick of it I'll wanna throw myself off the roof of the building, possibly into the compactor, but for now! I'm cool. I come home everyday with aching feet and a sore back, starving and smelling like touline di-isocyanate thinking I should be miserable, but I'm not. Plus it gives me an actual reason to drink that chai tea every morning.

IMG_2703
she owes me an apology

And things are only gonna get more peculiar in the coming months. So far no disgusting food cravings have popped up, outside her normal obsessions, but I'm counting on the days of olives and ice cream or popcorn and peanut butter. That actually kinda sounds good. Am I as scared as I should be? Probably not. But that's okay. Nothing about any of this has scared me yet so why start now?

IMG_2709
it comes with the territory, apparently

I heard a lyric today off the new Xiu Xiu album (which is killer by the way) that I really liked for no reason, as stupid as it was. Maybe it was the backing clatter or the pounding hail or the fact that I felt like I knew what he meant when Jamie Stewart squeezed out "If you expect me to be outrageous I will be extra outrageous." I don't know why that coincides with anything I just said but.... does it matter?

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

have you ever been anything else...mom

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!