Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy To Be Hostages

IMG_2846

Well it seems like we had ourselves a real bona fide blizzard here on Arrowhead. Two days ago I was shoveling the drive so Laura could get back in after work and I could get out easily the next morning. Fast forward two days and those cars haven't moved.

IMG_2825

The snow was one thing to deal with but the winds were insane. It looked like a white squall out there a few times, which was cool, but kinda crazy. Icy snowy roads and 50 mph winds don't make for friendly travel conditions. Luckily I have an understanding boss and for once Laura's manage closed the store down. Looks like we're stuck inside. And that was perfectly fine with us.

IMG_2835

It's hard to even tell how much we got because of all the wind blowing the snow around. We've got patches that are only about a foot and some that pile up to my waist. All I know is when I dug out the walkway & the driveway this morning, it was rough. It was nice having a mini-vacation, but I'm ready for spring.

IMG_2831

Neither of us went outside, so all we have are shots taken from windows. We couldn't even open the door because a snowdrift had been blown up against it. I had to force it clear this morning. So now pretty snow photos this time. Just documenting the occurrence so we can look back and say it happened. Because it did.

IMG_2842

No comments: