Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ruined By A Pee Joke & Country Music

Okay...

So I saw 2012. I was really looking forward to it actually. It's one of those movies you gotta see in the theater ya know, with all the special effects and whatnot, and I gotta say, it did not disappoint. It was absolutely insane and worth the price of the ticket Daniel bought for me, but I'll be damned if they didn't ruin the whole previous 2 hours and 37 minutes in the last seconds of the film.

They made a pee joke.

That's right. A joke about a little girl peeing her pants. That was the last line of this $200 million dollar film drowning in special-effects and (up to that point) a script that didn't make you embarrassed to like it. With a pee joke.

And then to add salt to the wound, the credits roll with the nails-on-chalkboard rang-a-tang of some awful country song about the gay dude from American Idol wanting a kiss.

I couldn't run out of that theater fast enough, completely mindblown by the film I had just seen and simultaneously infuriated by the producers choice to go so American and ruin a completely tasteful film otherwise.

No comments: